An estimated 4 billion pounds of toxic chemicals are released into the environment every year. These can accumulate in the body and affect health. We are exposed to them even before birth and all throughout our lifetime. Excessive toxic burden can be associated with many conditions and diseases:
- Allergies and asthma
- Endocrine and reproductive disorders: obesity, metabolic syndrome, diabetes
- Chemical sensitivity (any adverse physical, mental or emotional reaction to the presence of a chemical smell)
- Fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome
- Cardiovascular disease
- Parkinsonism, ALS, Alzheimer’s disease
- Bone marrow cancers – lymphomas, leukemia, multiple myeloma
- Autoimmune diseases: lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, Hashimoto’s thyroiditis, etc.
- Anxiety, inattention, hyperactivity, depression
Susceptibility, lifetime exposure and toxic potency of these chemicals all affect the disease risk patient’s experience. Some people never get sick while others are very susceptible to exposure. Every day choices such as organic produce and minimizing use of chemicals inside your home can reduce your exposure.
Detoxification occurs normally in the body – when the body processes and excretes toxins. Some factors like genetics, environmental exposure, diet and lifestyle can negatively effect how well toxins are excreted. This can lead to a build-up of toxins in the body increasing the toxic burden. This build-up can lead to toxicity symptoms and disease.
A detoxification program may be beneficial if you’re experiencing:
- Generalized muscle aches
- Difficulty concentrating
- General fatigue
- Food allergies or chemical sensitivities
- Fibromyalgia & chronic fatigue
Sastun Center detoxification program includes:
- 10 day modified low‐inflammation diet
- Initial 1‐hour counseling session with Toni Forsyth, ARNP to get you started.
- Ten days of supplements including a low-allergenic, rice-based protein shake and liver support nutrients
- Two 30‐minute Infrared Sauna Sessions for detoxifying through sweat (one on days 7‐10 and one on approximately day 21)
- Follow‐up session after the end of 10 days to review progress and plan for next steps (either with Toni Forsyth, APRN).
Program fee is $275.00
For more information, please call (913) 345‐0060.